Re: [Evolution] Lost My Calendar

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 02:54, Lane P. Lester wrote:
On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 18:22, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
not sure what exactly is happening, but it's probably something that
happened while writing the file to disk. To check if there's really
something wrong on the file, have a look at it, it is in
~/evolution/local/Calendar/calendar.ics.
Thanks, Rodrigo. I looked at the file, and it was basically empty with
just a couple of lines of code.
Then, compare it to the calendar.ics~ file in the same directory. If
There was no calendar.ics~ with calendar.ics, just folder-metadata.xml
ugh, then it looks like something screwed up the wombat while he was
writing the file. Maybe he was killed or it died for some crash? or
maybe you were accessing the same file in /opt with two users
concurrently (as you said you share it)?

this last one seems more correct, just copy it to calendar.ics. If not
sure, just add a new bug to http://bugzilla.ximian.com and attach the 2
files.
Over the years I've been pretty good at turning up bugs, and I've been
of some help to developers. I've tried a few times to enter something
into bugzilla, but I always got confused and frustrated by the hoops
that had to be jumped through before you would be allowed to post
something.

then, use bug-buddy if you want to enter the bug. It should collect most
information by itself. But for bugzilla, you just need a user account to
enter bugs (not needed if you use bug-buddy). Then, that's all, the
settings you don't know what to set, just leave them with the default
value, and we'll change them appropriately.

cheers
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ximian com>