RE: [Evolution] One Problem and One Suggestion

Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
----------------->>>>
well, it could be a bug or you could be running an old version of
gnome-print? *shrug*

btw, which Evolution are you using?

already are :-)

take a look in the menus to get the shortcuts and there are left/right
arrows in the toolbar for doing exactly this.
----------------->>>>
I'm running redcarpet and I'm up to date (running version
1.0.36-1.ximian.1).  What version should I be running?  Have you heard of
this?

Evo 1.2.1-1.ximian.1

No, I'm talking about in the message view window toolbar, menu and
shortcuts.  Problem with being on the main evo toolbar is the message drops
behind the main evo window.  Also sometimes the message comes up covering
the main evo window toolbar so it takes another click to get to that window.
And on the main evo menu bar, under "Actions", under "Go To" submenu the
only action that has hot keys assigned is "Next Unread Message" (the ] key)
and "Previous Unread Message" (the [ key) which are great for the inbox with
unread messages, but I want to have hot keys for all of these events.  Also
again this is out at the main evo window not under the message window.

Here is the process that I'm talking about, fully doable under most mail
clients:

Go to a folder (inbox or any mail folder).  Open an email, on the toolbar
have next/previous (not unread just next/previous) buttons on the tool bar.
In the Action menu have the same Go To sub-menu that exists out in the main
evo window.  Have hot keys assigned to all (7) items in the Go To menu.

The reason that this should be added functionality is that if you get a lot
of email (I do), and you save it to folders, and then you go looking for an
email and have to go through hundreds of them, having control at the message
window saves a lot of time.  Usability is important.