RE: [Evolution] Evolution, LDAP, etc. - rehashed

Kirk Strauser wrote:
----------------->>>>
  include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/evolutionperson.schema
----------------->>>>

on RH72 this was found at /usr/share/evolution/evolutionperson.schema, or a
quick:

  locate evolutionperson.schema

will find it.

-

Noticed too that Categories is grayed out.

-

It took me awhile (being fairly green to ldap) to understand the
implementation that evolution uses.  I do have it working, but have noticed
a problem:

If I drag a contact from my main contact list to the ldap folder, it puts
the new contact into ldap just fine.  But, when I try to access it from one
of the filtering tabs, it comes up blank.  If I then press the clear button
it shows up out there blank as well.  I can check it using gq and the proper
entry is there (ie not blank) but it will not show up in evolution with any
data.

If, using gq, I delete the entry and press clear in evolution in the ldap
server folder, the blank entry is gone.  So I tried to just create an entry
by double clicking in the display area in the ldap server folder and then
filling in the contact information (just as it appeared in the contacts
entry in the contact folder) and saving it.  The entry shows up in the
cleared list, so I then press the filter button for the contacts last name
and it now appears there also, no blank data.  So there appears to be
something internal that flags the record in a certain way making it blank
(or maybe un-visible).  Would like to know how to fix this as I have many
many contacts and don't really want to re-enter them.

Any ideas