[Evolution] Evolution 1.2.1 on RH8.0...

Title: Evolution 1.2.1 on RH8.0...

Hi-

I'll try again here. I'm getting pretty frustrated with evo- I have yet to get a fully working version of this program on my machine at home. I tried 1.0.8 which cam with my RH8.0 distribution. I could read mail fine, but not compose, so that was useless. I used red-carpet to grab 1.2.1, and now I get the following:

** CRITICAL **: file oaf-activate.c: line 191 (oaf_activate): assertion `ac' failed.

(Killing old version of Wombat...)

** CRITICAL **: file oaf-activate.c: line 191 (oaf_activate): assertion `ac' failed.

(Cannot access Bonobo/ConfigDatabase, not upgrading configuration.)

IDL:Bonobo/Moniker/UnknownPrefix:1.0

** CRITICAL **: file oaf-activate.c: line 191 (oaf_activate): assertion `ac' failed.

evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot access Bonobo/ConfigDatabase on wombat: (IDL:Bonobo/Moniker/UnknownPrefix:1.0)

Someone on the list did respond that I might be having problems with Mozilla libraries. Here's what I have:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20021003, build 2002100313

I looked through the archives and found some similar problems, but I've checked my paths, library pointers, etc. and it all looks OK.

If this is a common problem, shouldn't this be addressed for dumb users like me? Using red-carpet I didn't have a clue what was being installed, what package dependencies were being resolved and how, etc. So I don't have a clue what's going on- hmmm- sounds familiar (kind of like dealing with MS apps?)

Just my $0.02... evolution looks like an awesome app- I hope I can get it working...

-wrr-