Re: [Evolution] Install on Debian 3.0

On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 23:53, Trey Sizemore wrote:
Has anyone successfully installed Evolution 1.2.1 on Debian 3.0?  I have
tried to install 1.2.0 from unstable but have had library problems
(primarily with libgtkhtml1.1).  I am using 1.2.1 on Red Hat now (thanks
to Red Carpet), but would like to get it working on Debian 3.0.  Thanks
for your help.

Hi!

For desktop usage, I'd generally recommend using testing and not stable
(if a cheap internet connection is available). But you can also stay
with stable and only update what's needed.

In any case, read the apt_preferences manpage, then put all three
(stable, testing, unstable) distributions into your sources.list and put
something like
---
Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: 700

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 600
---
into /etc/apt/preferecnes. 'apt-get install -t unstable evolution' is
very likely to update half your system, but you should be ok. (Be *VERY
SURE* you understand what is going to happen if you hit enter at the
confirmation. I mean: read which packages will be REMOVED, above all).

cheers
-- vbi

--
If you are going to run a rinky-dink distro made by a couple of
volunteers, why not run a rinky-dink distro made by a lot of volunteers?