Re: [Evolution] GPG decryption fails with emails from others

On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 23:26, ximian-evolution squalor org wrote:
I used to have problems too. It seemed to depend on the client used write the
email you were receiving and whether it constructed the message using an
"INLINE" method or "Multipart MIME". I never did find a solution. =(

I think it would be a *great* idea for Evolution to support the option of
using INLINE or MIME for encryption and/or digital signatures.

1.0.x versions of evolution did have support for inline pgp (both
signatures and encryptions). inline signatures cannot work reliably as
soon as you have long lines or trailing whitespace on lines or non-ascii
characters (this is a fundamental, unfixable problem), so inline support
was dropped totally.

Inline encrypted data is no problem from the reliability point. But,
same as with signatures, it is ugly to have to scan the mail body for
-----BEGIN ... lines.

How about a 'pass this mail through gpg' button in the toolbar? So
evolution wouldn't have to do magic mail body scanning, but users could
still use inline pgp.

cheers
-- vbi

--