Re: [Evolution] SSL Unknown CA or Bad Record MAC

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 06:35:12PM -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

maybe that error isn't sent in a packet? I'm not exactly sure what the
error means, but I would have suspected an error in the certificate or
in the validation of the certificate, not an error packet from the
server.

The "Bad Record MAC" error - quoting  openssl.org - "This alert is
returned if a record is received with an incorrect MAC. This message is
always fatal."

I'll look a little closer to try and see if the alert message states 'which'
record had the bad MAC.

How can you be so sure that it's not a bug in Evolution (or did I just take
the bait)?

because evolution doesn't implement SSL and it sure as hell isn't
capable of producing a "Bad Record MAC" error string? :-)

Ah huh! Good point. >;-> But there have been bugs where Evolution wasn't calling
the correct function of an SSL API or passing incorrect information.

this is why I say maybe it's a bug in mozilla's nss ssl library.

So Evolution uses nss ssl and not openssl? Does anyone know another app that
the same SSL library that Evolution uses whatever it is?

--
mike\n.