Re: [Evolution] SSL Unknown CA or Bad Record MAC

On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 17:40, ximian-evolution squalor org wrote:
Do you mean that openssl on the server side ignores the error within
the openssl library? Because openssl on the client side doesn't ignore
the error - the error *NEVER* occurs. I've been looking and the decoded
packets through ethereal and there simply isn't an error sent back from
the server.

maybe that error isn't sent in a packet? I'm not exactly sure what the
error means, but I would have suspected an error in the certificate or
in the validation of the certificate, not an error packet from the
server.

How can you be so sure that it's not a bug in Evolution (or did I just take
the bait)?

because evolution doesn't implement SSL and it sure as hell isn't
capable of producing a "Bad Record MAC" error string? :-)

this is why I say maybe it's a bug in mozilla's nss ssl library.

Jeff