Re: [Evolution] can't open Inbox in Evol 1.2.1

sounds like evolution-mail crashed.

run it in another terminal ("evolution-mail") before starting evolution,
maybe it'll dump a reason as to why it crashed, or you can get a
backtrace of it. (search for 'backtrace' on the ximian knowledge base
under support.ximian.com).