[Evolution] mozilla and evolution

I know that evolution depends on some files from mozilla. I am running
mozilla 1.2.1 and evolution 1.2.2. I installed mozilla 1.3b and that
prevented evolution from loading (error - cannot initialize
configuration database - or something like that..turns out it screwed up
wombat). So re-installed mozilla 1.2.1 and all is well again.

Two questions:

1. How can I install mozilla 1.3b and still have evolution work?

2. When I installed mozilla 1.3b, RPM told me that galeon depended on
some of the files so I upgraded that at the same time. Why wouldn't RPM
have told me that evolution depended upon some of those files as well?