Re: [Evolution] insert special characters and symbols

I don't believe this is an Evolution issue.  Have you tried using a
German keymap?  If you use Gnome you can use the GNOME keyboard switcher
applet and add a German keymap.  It should work from there if you can
find the right key.  Evolution just takes what is sent to it from the X
server.

Etienne