Re: [Evolution] Questions about the integration of anti-spam measures in our mail client ??

cheers();

It's a general question i'm wondering about :
do you think it would be possible to integrate directly in our favourite
mail client kind of Spamassassin functions to really filter mails ???

The matter today is that if you don't install a mail server program,
these anti-spam tools don't work ...

Why didn't anybody yet integrate such a tool in a mail reader ? Or some
kind of plug-in like in the Windows world for outlook express ?

Filtering on the return code of spamassassin is like a plugin to me...
;-)

Its no problem integrating SPAM filtering, using spamassassin or any
other SPAM filter.

And that's the way I prefer it. I can choose, which SPAM filter to use.
I even can use more than one. And I can filter on the server with the
same program (use procmail).

Personally I feel ambivalent on whats going on nowadays. Mozilla
implements their own SPAM filter, Opera does too. So when using another
client for quick mail check on my IMAP account, filters are different
and the place where SPAM is dropped surely is different too. And I have
to enable and configure all those...

btw: A whole bunch of specialized, really good working programs is what
made *NIX and Linux great. They all work together. And the wheel doesn't
have to be re-invented for every single app.

FWIW: If you decide to use spamassassin and run into trouble, there are
quite a lot of people here, that are affectively using it and can help.

Just some thoughts, feel free to have your own opinion... ;-)

...guenther