[Evolution] Creating Folders in Evolution for IMAP account

I've got an IMAP server running on my computer, and I've been using
Evolution lately to pull the mail from the IMAP folders into Evolution's
own folders.

Now, though, I'd like to point Evolution directly at the IMAP folders,
just to save time, space, and RAM (and to keep things consistent with
folder locations when I check my mail remotely with Squirrelmail).

Trouble is, I already have a bunch of sub-folders and filters set up in
my local folders.  Is there a way to easily transfer them all to work
with my IMAP folders?

Also, when I try creating a subfolder using Evolution (by right-clicking
on INBOX and selecting "create new folder"), I get an error message...
which just says, "Generic Error", which isn't very useful.

The Evolution support pages are a bit sparse on this topic.  Can anyone
point me at some good resources that will help me figure this out?

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford