Re: [Evolution] Evo memory use

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 21:30, Not Zed wrote:
evolution stores a subset of the headers of  every message of every
opened folder in memory.

if you have a shitload of messages in many folders that you've visited
in the session, AND/OR are the source of vfolders (i.e. they are always
open), then you will generally use a shitload of memory.

What would you consider "a shitload"?  I've got two "real" local folders
-- inbox and sent, and from them, 43 vfolders, including "unmatched".

Looks like I'm using ~13.3 MB, though when I started this email I was
using ~11.9 MB.  My curiosity results from this being a low memory
machine 48 MB and I don't get low memory messages.
--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur alexion com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC