Re: [Evolution] How to open the appropriate browser via Evolution ?

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 09:33, guenther wrote:
cheers();

I wanted to try Netscape, and, since, once i open an e-mail which
includes an html link, and i click on it, nothing happens : it doesn't
open my browser anymore ...
If a browser's already opened, it goes to thr right page ...

How to add this taks again so that Evolution is allowed to open the
browser by itself ??

Are you running gnome or kde as your desktop?

AFAIK that doesn't matter, as Evo is a Gnome app and only uses Gnome
settings...

The difference is that if you use KDE, and have artsd running, you need
to make sure the URL handler is run inside of artsdsp.  I had the same
problem (worked if browser was already open, but not if it wasn't) due
to the fact that if I started the browser from my menu, it was inside of
artsdsp so it would successfully open a new window, but if Evolution
tried to start the browser itself, it would fail.

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger