Re: [Evolution] Initial problem report for Evolution 1.3

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 10:56, Dan Winship wrote:
4 - Clicking on a link opens a new mozilla window, but does not load the
link.  The location bar is blank.  Where are gnome2 mime-types and other
settings stored?  I use KDE, and can't run gnome2's control panel as it
takes over the desktop and leaves me hosed.

Ugh. Have you reported that bug against the control panel?

It's not a "bug", it's a "feature".  The control panel only runs as a
part of and inside of nautilus.  nautilus always starts its "desktop"
part upon initialization... although perhaps that could be changed in
nautilus preferences, but I'd have to login to GNOME to see that I
think.

You should be able to use gconf-editor. (On RH8, that's in the
"gconf-editor" package.) In /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/unknown/, set
command to 'mozilla "%s"', need-terminal to false (unchecked), and
enabled to true.

Found the command (very sweet!), but for some reason it wouldn't save
the changes, so I just edited
~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/unknown/%gconf.xml directly.  Works
like a charm.

Does gconf control the fonts/themes?

Thanks,
Lonnie Borntreger