Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.3 (unstable) snapshots for Red Hat 8.0

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 02:44, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 16:14, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
since I'm sure that I'm not building all the parts I need.  Here is what
I currently build (all from HEAD in CVS).
  libsoup
  gal
  gtkhtml
  evolution

Yeah, you should be able to get Evolution 1.3 to work by just compiling
these plus libgnomeprint/libgnomeprintui 2.2.  If you don't have
libgnomeprint(ui) installed you should not be able to compile Evolution
from CVS HEAD.

I'm on Mandrake Cooker and have 2.2.1 of these packages, so compilation
is not a problem.

BTW, if you have been building Evolution in the past, you should do a
make clean and also touch all the .server.in.in files so the .server
files get regenerated.  (Yeah this is broken, there should be a dep on
Makefile but we haven't fixed this yet.)

Also nuking the directory you installed Evolution 1.3 is a good idea
too, to make sure you are not running old pieces together with new ones.

(There has been a lot of shuffling around of installation locations
lately, so you might have a lot of stale files around.)

Good idea.  I haven't done that for a week or so.  That may be causing
the problems showing the calendar and tasks.

Things I know I need to add (from HEAD CVS) for extra functionality:
  gnome-spell
  gnome-pilot (if I want syncing)

Is there anything else I need?  Will updating gnome-spell and
gnome-pilot conflict with what is used for Evolution 1.2?

I am not sure about gnome-spell and its parallel installability; for
syncing you have to compile gnome-pilot from CVS HEAD and install it in
a different prefix from your existing gnome-pilot (I believe they are
not parallel-installable yet).

Just checked, gnome-spell installs with a suffix on the binary, so it
works in parallel.... now to find out if it works.  I think I'll just
skip the gnome-pilot for now.....

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger