Re: [Evolution] Selecting URLs when Mozilla is already launched

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 21:19, Mike Millson wrote:
Check your ~/.gnome/Gnome file. You need gnome-moz-remote instead of
mozilla. It should look like that:

[URL Handlers]
default-show=gnome-moz-remote --newwin "%s"

I checked, and I have this set-up, but I was running Evolution under
the KDE desktop. I switched to Gnome, and everything is working.

I use Evolution under KDE and have no problems.  I have it set up like:

===== .gnome/Gnome =====
[URL Handlers]
default-show=moz-remote "%s"
ftp-show=moz-remote "%s"
http-show=moz-remote "%s"
https-show=moz-remote "%s"

===== /usr/local/bin/moz-remote =====
#!/bin/sh

URL="$*"

#mozilla -remote "openurl($URL, new-tab)" || soundwrapper mozilla "$URL"
soundwrapper mozilla "$URL"
==============

If you look, you'll notice two things.

1 - The commented out part that opens a new tab in current window --
this is because many times I have mozilla running in a different
desktop, and then I have to go looking for the window with the new tab.
I've decided that I like a new window to come up on the desktop I'm
running Evolution on.

2 - "soundwrapper".  This (or artsdsp) is needed to start up properly in
KDE.

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger