Re: [Evolution] Selecting URLs when Mozilla is already launched

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 18:59, guenther wrote:
cheers();

I have set up Mozilla as my default browser in the Gnome Control Center.
If I click on a URL in a mail message when Mozilla is already launched,
instead of showing the URL in the existing Mozilla window, Evolution
tries to re-launch Mozilla, which fails because it is already launched.
Is there a way to get around this?

What version of Gnome?

I'm not sure how to tell. The Gnome Panel is version 1.2.4. I'm running RH 7.1.

Check your ~/.gnome/Gnome file. You need gnome-moz-remote instead of
mozilla. It should look like that:

[URL Handlers]
default-show=gnome-moz-remote --newwin "%s"

I checked, and I have this set-up, but I was running Evolution under the
KDE desktop. I switched to Gnome, and everything is working.

gnome-moz-remote %s
 will only open a new mozilla, when none running
 displays the URL in the current mozilla (old content overwritten)

gnome-moz-remote --newwin %s
 will only open a new mozilla, when none running
 displays the URL in a new mozilla window

I use the following default-show entry:

default-show=/home/guenther/bin/mozilla-remote "%s"

With the attached mozilla-remote script (must be executable) it acts
like the --newwin option, but displays the new URL in a new *tab* if
there is already a mozilla running.

I don't loose the displayed URL and can even click multiple URLs and see
them all in the same mozilla.

Very cool!

Hope that answers all your questions...

...guenther