Re: [Evolution] Selecting URLs when Mozilla is already launched

On 火, 2003-02-04 at 17:59, guenther wrote:
cheers();

I have set up Mozilla as my default browser in the Gnome Control Center.
If I click on a URL in a mail message when Mozilla is already launched,
instead of showing the URL in the existing Mozilla window, Evolution
tries to re-launch Mozilla, which fails because it is already launched.
Is there a way to get around this?

What version of Gnome?

Check your ~/.gnome/Gnome file. You need gnome-moz-remote instead of
mozilla. It should look like that:

[URL Handlers]
default-show=gnome-moz-remote --newwin "%s"

[snip]

Hope that answers all your questions...

Maybe it answers his questions, but I've got another related one. My
regular browser is galeon. I've set my default handler to galeon
--new-tab "%s". It's supposed to open the page in a new tab in an
existing galeon window. This only works if Evolution opened that galeon
window in the first place. If I ran it by itself, then Evo will try and
open a new galeon window. Do you know how I can get Evo to actually use
the already existing instance of galeon like I expect it to?

--
Stuart Luppescu       -=- s-luppescu uchicago edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR