[Evolution] Address Book Sync problems

I've recently noticed a peculiar problem with syncing addresses. If I
add a new contact in Evolution, then sync with my PDA,the new address
appears on my PDA. Likewise, if I add a new contact on my PDA and sync,
the new address appears in Evolution. But, if I add an entry in
Evolution which I had previously deleted from Evolution, it does _NOT_
appear in my PDA. Very strange! Suggestions, anyone?
Steve
--
Steven P. Auerbach <steven p auerbach saic com>
SAIC