Re: [Evolution] Making Evo tag spam, add headers

On Thu, 2003-12-25 at 17:22, guenther wrote:

Thinking about this, I am not sure, if this will be feasible at all. The
imagination of a 100+ MB Inbox in mbox(!) format, getting new messages
appended, then being filtered and every single mail being deleted and
appended with new headers again, then the junk mails being moved, really
scares me. ;)

Ah, but if you *really* insist on using the mbox-format, I don't think
you will have that much mail in it :-)

On a sidenote this (IMHO) lack of functionality in Evolution made me set
up fetchmail + procmail and make Evo fetch it from there instead :-)

Jakob wrote:

If not, isn't this a feature *everybody* would want, making it possible
to filter and modify the mails locally as much as we want? Isn't that a
good thing anybody would love? It doesn't seem to be too much work, at
least.

I am not sure about forthcoming Evo 2.0 with built-in Junk mail
filtering yet, but I will deal with this soon. Let's see how this will
perform.

Sounds nice.

And one last thing: I really think you should either phase out mbox as
default format, or make it possible for making other mail storage format
as default for new folders - it's tedious to change properties of all
newly created mail folders to Maildir without indexing :-)

--
Jakob Breivik Grimstveit, http://www.grimstveit.no/~jakob, +47 48298152