Re: [Evolution] Hundreds of alarms

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 11:19, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

your problem is that there is no stored date for the last notification,
so the alarm daemon thinks the last notification was in 1/1/1970, so it
shows you all alarms since then :-(

It should probably just use the current time as the last notification
date if that setting is not set.

Ok, that explains not only the many alarms that I got this morning, but
also the long past-due alarms when I haven't logged in to this system
(my laptop) for a few days.  In some circumstances I can understand
wanting these past-due alarms, but frankly, in general they are mostly
just a nuisance.  I still think that it would be better if it was
possible for the user to decide to only have alarms as they happen and
ignore anything overdue.

        /dwight
--
Dwight N. Tovey