Re: [Evolution] Hundreds of alarms

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 18:57, Dwight Tovey wrote:
I recently re-installed my system with FC1.  I didn't bother to bring my
old Evolution settings over from my old system since it was a simple
matter to just configure on the the new system.  Yesterday I got gpilotd
configured to let me sync my PDA and copied everything over from there,
including my contacts and appointments.

Today when I started Evolution, I suddenly lots of Evolution Alarm
windows.  One for every appointment that was past the appointment time.
Since I've been using the PDA for a couple of years and I have weekly
repeating meetings that I get notified about, this resulted in hundreds
of windows popping up.  I got past it by running --force-shutdown
instead of killing each window individually, but this was not really a
good thing.

I know the problem of alarms being triggered for past appointments has
been discussed before.  Is there any resolution in sight?  It seems to
me that it should be simple enough to (configurably?) tell Evo to ignore
alarms that are over a certain age at startup.  It's really pointless to
tell me that I had a metting 2 hours ago, let alone 2 months ago.

your problem is that there is no stored date for the last notification,
so the alarm daemon thinks the last notification was in 1/1/1970, so it
shows you all alarms since then :-(

It should probably just use the current time as the last notification
date if that setting is not set.

cheers