Re: [Evolution] Calendar/contact integration

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 17:52, John Arundel wrote:
I wonder if I am being dumb again or not.

In Evo 1.4.5, there doesn't seem to be any way to link a contact to an
appointment.

Example 1: I arrange to meet Steve on a certain day. Short of creating a
meeting invitation there doesn't seem to be a way to say 'this is an
appointment with my contact Steve' (so that I can click it to see his
mobile number or address, for example).

Example 2: I enter Steve's birthday into the Details tab of his contact.
But it doesn't show up in the calendar. Similarly, I can enter his
birthday as an appointment, but there's no way to link it to the contact
Steve.

this is being implemented as part of the birthday backend bounty
(www.gnome.org/bounties)

cheers