Re: [Evolution] Problems with umlauts =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=28=E4=F6=FC=2E=2E=2E=29?= in Evo 1.4.4

I noticed the following line in the header of your message
character encoding? I did that when I started using Evolution, and got
the same result as you.

What happens if you, when writing a message, do edit->Character
Encoding->Western European (ISO-8859-1), will it work then?
Yes it does!! I've just sent a test mail to myself doing this and then
another one where I didn't do it. The first one looks like it should,
the second one does have the garbled characters. I've been using
evolution since Mandrake 8.2 and never had this problem before so I
wasn't even aware I could set this and when I looked through the
preferences I didn't find such a setting. Apparently I hadn't looked
hard enough, because now I see it's actually there. Thank you so much!

This should look alright now: ä (a), ö (o), Ü (U), ß (sz)

Thanks again,
Thomas