[Evolution] newbe quesiton

Trying evolution to replace Netscape and MS-Office. Linux RedHat 9.0

I much rather not have a preview plane so I turned it off and open all mail into a separate window. Under my older email programs, while looking at the open email, there were either icons or shortcut keys that would let me move up or down the emails in the folder. I can not find any similar in evolution. Also, when an email is deleted while looking at it in it's own window, those other products move to the next email in the folder. In evolution, it just closes the window.
Am I missing something? Evolution looks good, but both of these items will be show-stoppers.

--

Tony Thigpen