Re: [Evolution] 3 problems on Gentoo 1.4

Hi,

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 13:11, guenther wrote:
this is how I have done it. The FAQ mention something similar, but with
another path, which didn't work for me for some reason.

Uh, which FAQ are you referring to?

Correct, I read this online, not in the evo FAQ/support DB.

gconftool-2 --set --type=string \
    /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/command 'konqueror %s'

Gnome 2.4?

yes

gconftool-2 --set --type=string \
    /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/unknown/command 'konqueror %s'

Gnome 2.2 default setting.

but works with my setup : gentoo : KDE + minimal gnome to run evo. The
one above (for 2.4) didn't set the handlers.

For the records: Using gconftool is only necessary, if do not happen to
have the Gnome Control Center installed. More on this:

http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2003-November/034015.html
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2003-November/034030.html

aaah yes, I got it from you, in fact :-)

Charles

--
Charles Bueche <charles bueche ch>
sand, snow, wave, wind and net -surfer