Re: [Evolution] latest version# /changelog hard to find on website

 http://developer.ximian.com/

thanx thats handy to know

What Mandrake and Evolution version are you talking about specifically?

$ cat /etc/mandrake-release
$ rpm -q evolution

Mandrake Linux release 9.2 (FiveStar) for i586
evolution-1.4.5-1mdk

FWIW: Mandrake 9.1, Evolution 1.4.5-snapshot here. Adding columns in the
mail list works just fine. I don't exactly know, what your issue is

yep it worked fine while i was using mdk 9.1 with 1.4.4
now when i select "add a column" i get a "close" button appear, expanding that window produces an empty window with a close button in the frame.

regarding attachment, please explain this more detailed.

AFAIK Evolution only lets you "edit as new" messages, that you wrote
yourself. This works for me in any folder holding my Sent mail.

ok i store sent messages in different folders, i can only "edit as new" messages i've sent if they are in the "inbox" or "sent" folders.

i've logged a bugzilla about this one, briefly i email invoice.doc files as attachments rather than recreate the message each time. in earlier versions i would "edit as new" then attach the new files and remove the old ones. in this latest version when i "edit as new" the attachment icon is not visible unless the attachment is a jpeg, (renaming a .doc to .jpg doesnt work) but the attachment "icon" is visible in preview mode. and when i simply add new .doc attachments to the "edit as new" message i cannot see the attachment icon for them either. as i say it worked fine in all earlier versions, and i've been using this for what seems like years.

the only work around i could think of was to create the template message without atatchments & save it in "drafts", then "copy" it to the "Sent" folder before i could "edit as new" add the attachments (but not see that i've added them until the messages is in the outbox) & send accordingly.

version 1.4.5 is a de-evolution but thanks for your interest.
cheers
bruce