Re: [Evolution] latest version# /changelog hard to find on website

What Mandrake and Evolution version are you talking about specifically?

$ cat /etc/mandrake-release
$ rpm -q evolution

Mandrake Linux release 9.2 (FiveStar) for i586
evolution-1.4.5-1mdk

There is no such thing as an Evolution 1.4.5 package by Mandrake.

I just checked your issues on my (current testing) MDK 9.2 installation.
I double-checked every updates provided my Mandrake, and there is no
Evolution update. evolution-1.4.4-8mdk is the one.

Where did you get that package?

FWIW: Mandrake 9.1, Evolution 1.4.5-snapshot here. Adding columns in the
mail list works just fine. I don't exactly know, what your issue is

yep it worked fine while i was using mdk 9.1 with 1.4.4
now when i select "add a column" i get a "close" button appear, expanding
that window produces an empty window with a close button in the frame.

Works fine with the Evo 1.4.4 package shipping with Mandrake. Downgrade
to the official Mandrake version, that package seems buggy.

AFAIK Evolution only lets you "edit as new" messages, that you wrote
yourself. This works for me in any folder holding my Sent mail.

ok i store sent messages in different folders, i can only "edit as new"
messages i've sent if they are in the "inbox" or "sent" folders.

Works for me with other folders, too.

By a quick check it seems, "edit as new" is only available, if that
folder (regardless which folder it is) actually is a Sent folder for an
account. See

 Tools / Settings / Mail Accounts / <account> Edit / Defaults
 Sent messages folder

i've logged a bugzilla about this one, briefly i email invoice.doc files as
attachments rather than recreate the message each time. in earlier versions
i would  "edit as new" then attach the new files and remove the old ones. in
this latest version when i "edit as new" the attachment icon is not visible
unless the attachment is a jpeg, (renaming a .doc to .jpg doesnt work) but
the attachment "icon" is visible in preview mode. and when i simply add new
.doc attachments to the "edit as new" message i cannot see the attachment
icon for them either. as i say it worked fine in all earlier versions, and
i've been using this for what seems like years.

Works for me (current 1.4.5-snapshot).

I suspect your broken package again. Downgrade and see if it works.
(Sorry, missed to check this with plain vanilla Mandrake 9.2 Evolution
1.4.4 package, but I would be surprised, if this is broken.)

Which bug number is this, please?

version 1.4.5 is a de-evolution but thanks for your interest.

Uhm, what's a de-evolution?

...guenther