Re: [Evolution] alarms not triggering?

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 13:11, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
no, it doesnt matter, as long as the alarm daemon is running. Is
evolution-wombat also running?

I am dumb.

The reason alarms weren't firing is that I hadn't actually set any. In
the Appointment dialog Reminder tab I set it to

"Reminders: Display a message 15 minutes before start of appointment"

and didn't realise that that wouldn't actually do anything unless I
clicked 'Add' and added it to the list of action/triggers.

I figured this out because at some point I must have checked the box in
the 'Calendar and Task Settings' dialog that says 'Show a reminder...
before every appointment'. The next time I created a new appointment
this showed up in the trigger list automatically.

I felt much inclined to slink away shamefacedly into the dark, but
thought I'd better post this in case someone else who's a little hard of
thinking has the same problem.

Sorry to have wasted your time...

I sort of feel like posting my other question about why Evolution's
compose window wraps my text at about thirty characters, thus wasting
over two-thirds of the available horizontal space, but I now feel that
there must be an option somewhere to fix this. There's one for
everything else!

John

--
"If you sit down at a poker game and don't see a sucker, get up.
You're the sucker."                                            - Anon