Re: [Evolution] evolution and exchange server contact folders

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 14:36, Dan Winship wrote:
On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 17:29, Daniel Curry wrote:
I'm sorry, I failed to mention that I have the connector, installed and
in use.  after some time, the folder starts to have entries in it, but
there is an oddness to the entries.

there is a 'from column' that lists me as the source.  then the subject
column that shows the name of the contact.  and a date column.

It's displaying it as a mail folder.

Does your calendar folder work? (If not, then it definitely sounds like
you configured the account to use IMAP rather than Exchange.)

It might be that you did something on the server that broke your Contact
folder and made it look like a mail folder somehow... ? If so, the
easiest thing would probably be to create a new Contacts folder and copy
everything from the old one into the new one (in Outlook, since Evo
won't let you move things between folders of different types).

-- Dan

Dan,

Thanks for the pointers.  I found the problem.  I had the server entered
into setting, twice.  once with the connector, which was not activated,
and once via IMAP.  and I was using the IMAP entry.  got the connector
activated, ad all is good and right with evolution.

Thanks

--
Daniel Curry
IT Manager, Cariocas