Re: [Evolution] Evo 1.4.x: Problems with German umlauts (e.g., bug #47646)

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 19:04, guenther wrote:
since switching to Evo 1.4.0 (currently I use 1.4.4) I've been
experiencing strange problems with German umlauts [ÃâÃÂÃÅ] and "sz" [ÃÂ] (I
hope you seem them correctly in this mail).

Sounds strangely familiar -- is it this bug?

This is so weird!!! (Yes it's the right one)

First, I've struggled with this bug since 1.4.0, never finding the time
to really track it down. Then, after I finally start to get to it today,
I find that somebody else has tracked down the exact size to make it
break (5183 bytes, regardless of location, body or headers) just a
couple of hours earlier :)

Second, trying to work around the problem, I set my default character
encoding to UTF-8 before I sent my original mail to the list. After I
received it again, the characters displayed ok. However, in your
quotation (above) they are again garbled.

regards, Mario

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]