Re: [Evolution] timezone in the header of a reply quote

On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 14:39 -0400, Not Zed wrote:
On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 05:57, Martin List-Petersen wrote:

No he didn't. He probably wasn't even awake at three minutes to six. :)

If course this can be taken reliably. The time in the mail i'm replying
to is stored locally from the sendes point of view with the modifyer
(for me right now 11:55 +0200) so that would not be the problem.

Explain how it can be done reliably?

You dont want your timezone, you want the guy who wrote it's timezone,

You are correct. That really is what should be used into the attribution
-- the timezone in which the quoted mail was written, not the replier's
timezone.

That's not Evolution's current behaviour though -- Evo currently _does_
use 'your' timezone (don't look up; I fixed mine :).

and all you have is a number.  There's no way you can translate this to
a string.

True. But since a time without zone is meaningless, that number but be
included in the attribution.

--
dwmw2