Re: [Evolution] Evolution won't start : configuration database not found
- From: Dominique Deleris <dominique deleris bluewin ch>
- To: Mark Gordon <mtgordon ximian com>
- Cc: Dominique Deleris <dominique deleris bluewin ch>, evolution lists ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Evolution won't start : configuration database not found
- Date: 29 Apr 2003 22:56:46 +0200
On 29 Apr 2003 15:38:12 -0400, Mark Gordon <mtgordon ximian com> said:
Mark> Evolution uses some mozilla libs that sometimes (dunno about sarge) get
Mark> installed into unusual directories. There are build-time solutions to
Mark> this, but if you have packages for which that isn't the case, the best
Mark> solution is probably to add the directory where the mozilla libs are
Mark> found (e.g. /usr/lib/mozilla) to /etc/ld.so.conf and rerun
Mark> /sbin/ldconfig, after which you shouldn't have any more problems (until
Mark> you get a mozilla package that puts them somewhere else).
Mark> Running wombat in a terminal window is a good way to confirm this
Mark> diagnosis, BTW.
Modifying /etc/ld.so.conf does not do it.
If I run wombat from a terminal window, I get no message other
wombat-Message: Starting wombat
] [Thread Prev