Re: [Evolution] Evolution won't start : configuration database not found

On 29 Apr 2003 15:38:12 -0400, Mark Gordon <mtgordon ximian com> said:

 Mark> Evolution uses some mozilla libs that sometimes (dunno about sarge) get
 Mark> installed into unusual directories.  There are build-time solutions to
 Mark> this, but if you have packages for which that isn't the case, the best
 Mark> solution is probably to add the directory where the mozilla libs are
 Mark> found (e.g. /usr/lib/mozilla) to /etc/ld.so.conf and rerun
 Mark> /sbin/ldconfig, after which you shouldn't have any more problems (until
 Mark> you get a mozilla package that puts them somewhere else).

 Mark> Running wombat in a terminal window is a good way to confirm this
 Mark> diagnosis, BTW.

Modifying /etc/ld.so.conf does not do it.

If I run wombat from a terminal window, I get no message other
than :
wombat-Message: Starting wombat

Dominique