Re: [Evolution] evo printing and cups

På ty , 29/04/2003 klokka 06:14, skreiv Sean R. Kirkpatrick:

Bingo! That did the trick. Thanks Tony!

Actually, this had now begun to annoy me intensely. I have to keep
putting that line into Evo, Electric Eyes, Adobe, everything. I spent
hours searching the system for default Gnome printers, but no luck (I
discovered a lot I didn't know and is valuable in the process, though).

I have CUPS 1.1.14 from rpms and Gimp Print 4.2.2 from source (also
newer CUPS from source, but I don't use that it seems (it's all so long
ago, I'd forgotten.) Everything works, so I never bothered any more.

To cut it short, I found both lpr and lpr.cups in /usr/bin. I mved lpr
to lpr.old and symlinked lpr.cups to lpr /and now lpr works for
everything/.

So, you could try that too, Sean.

Another thing that does more or less the same, is to make a single line
executable shell script "lpr" in /usr/bin (after mving the old lpr) with
'/usr/bin/lp -d name-of-the-printer' as the only line, and that works
too.

Best,

Tony

      Sean