Re: [Evolution] evolution 1.2.4 and printing

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 12:55, Chuck Mead wrote:

MG>> When I print an email message evolution really goes berserk. For several
MG>> minutes the client is unusable and evolution-mail takes up to 99% cpu.
MG>> Then finally it prints and I get control back. I dunno what the matter
MG>> is but this is clearly not what should be happening. I have:
MG>>
MG>> [csm stealth csm]$ rpm -q gnome-print
MG>> gnome-print-0.37-4
MG>
MG>Hmm... Red Hat 9, I assume?

Of course. ;-)

MG>I wasn't able to reproduce.  Granted, I was using a small bit of text
MG>rather than, for example, a large or complicated document.  Does it
MG>do this with *any* email?

Yeah.

MG>Oh, one difference... I'm using Red Hat's 1.2.2 on Red Hat 9.  Your
MG>1.2.4 was one that survived the upgrade from Red Hat 8.0?  I wonder
MG>whether you'd have this problem if you reverted to Red Hat's 1.2.2
MG>package.

I have actually upgraded thinking that a newer version might fix the
problem so it's happened with all versions of the product thus far
(though I have not tried 1.3).

Notably, this is not happening on every machine I have. On my laptop
it's no problem but on my desktop this happens.

Curious.  Both laptop and desktop are Red Hat 9, Evolution 1.2.4?  Any
obvious differences between the two machines other than hardware?

-Mark Gordon