[Evolution] Lost threading.

Hello all,
  I upgraded from Red Hat 7.3 to Red Hat 9 yesterday, and I had an
unpleasant surprise: Evolution has lost the ability to thread all my
existing mail folders.  I was using the Red Hat RPM under 7.3, which I
believe was Evolution 1.0.8.  I have now moved to Evolution 1.2.2, and
I've brought over the ~/evolution directory from 7.3.  When I started
Evolution under 9 for the first time, it said it had to install some
extra files, which I happily let it do.  Now, I tried renaming my
~/evolution directory to test threading with a "clean" directory, and
threading works perfectly.  However, it's not really an option to start
over again from scratch. :-)  Any hints, tips and tricks would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Sincerely,
  Arne Sagnes