Re: [Evolution] question on evolution's adherance to ical standard

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 10:19, Dan Winship wrote:
Anyway, when evolution creates an all-day event, it stores the date as
follows...

DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20030418
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20030418

note--the two values are the same.  If I create an all-day event on my
palm pilot, it stores the values as below...

DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20030418
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20030419

PalmOS speaks iCalendar natively these days? Or are you using some
utility to get the appointment from your Palm to your Linux box?

er. sorry.  the second one is an entry that I added on my Palm, then
synced via gnome-pilot and evolution's conduits into my evolution
calendar.ics file.  The first one was one that I added inside of
evolution.

Anyway, RFC 2445 is ambiguous on this point. One of the Evo developers
posed this question on the ietf-calendar list a year and a half ago
(http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/mail-archive/msg02194.html) and there
was slight consensus in favor of the inclusive DTEND interpretation, so
that's what Evo uses. (It's also what Outlook uses.)

Gotcha.  Mind you, this is only a topic of concern for me since I'm
using phpicalendar.  Thanks for the answer, Dan!

-- Dan
--

,-----------------------------------------------------------------//
 `
 ,
| bash$ :(){ :|:&};:
`----------------------//

use by the addressee(s)named herein
and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail,
you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any attachments
thereto, is strictly
prohibited.  If you receive this email in error, please immediately notify us by replying to this message.
You must
permanently delete the original e-mail and any copies and printouts made thereof. Delivery of this e-mail and
any
attachments to any person other than the intended recipient(s)is not intended in any way to waive
confidentiality
or a privilege. All personal messages express views only of the sender, which are not to be attributed to
Rite Aid
Corporation and may not be copied or distributed without this statement.</font>