[Evolution] question on evolution's adherance to ical standard

I'm trying to use phpicalendar
(http://phpicalendar.sourceforge.net/nuke/) to display my evolution
calendar.ics file and have hit a problem in the way evolution stores
all-day events.  If anyone's interested,
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=500017&aid=723936&group_id=62270 has the dialog thus far
between one of the authors and me....

Anyway, when evolution creates an all-day event, it stores the date as
follows...

DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20030418
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20030418

note--the two values are the same.  If I create an all-day event on my
palm pilot, it stores the values as below...

DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20030418
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20030419

phpicalendar recognizes the second form (where the DTSTART and DTEND are
different, but sees that there is no elapsed time between the two values
as evolution stores them and doesn't display the event at all.

Does anyone familiar with the ical spec know--is evolution doing this
incorrectly and should it be fixed (and should I submit a bugzilla)?  Or
is this a gray area in the ical spec?

TIA.

--

 `