Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.3.2 Preview Release

I am curious though, why is it that RH and Mandrake releases are out
first?

     1. For the beta releases, we're only supporting platforms that ship
        GNOME 2 packages. I don't know if that includes any version of
        SuSE
     2. We only have limited resources and want to minimize the amount
        of time we spend building packages (rather than fixing bugs),
        while maximizing the number of evolution users who will be able
        to test them.

The two goals conflict: a very large chunk of the evo userbase is still
on RH7.3, but RH doesn't ship GNOME2 packages for that, so it would be
too much work for us to support that for the beta. We will support it
for the final release.

I'm a SuSE guy myself (waiting for my copy of 8.2 to show up)

I'm pretty sure SuSE 8.2 is in the set of distros that will be supported
in the final release.

-- Dan