[Evolution] reading maildir mail

I'm using evo 1.2.4 and I'm trying to get evo to properly read in the ~/Mail
directory and all folders under it. I use kmail right now and use maildir
format.

When I setup evo to read maildir format and point it to the Mail directory it
reads everything but really places things in odd areas.

For example I get ALL mail read into the "Unread mail" folder but if I look
under the folder that uses my email address I see all the folders but top
level folders that have subfolders in them begin with a .
and folders that don't have subfolders appear ok as do subfolders themselves.

Is there anyway to fix this in the setup or is this a "bug"? I've dug through
the options and can't seem to find a way "out" of this problem.

Thanks,
Robert Cole

ps. If I didn't explain this correctly I do have an 86k png file that shows
this but I didn't want to tick anyone off posting it. Email me and I can send
it to you.