Re: [Evolution] reading maildir mail

On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 04:13, Robert Cole wrote:
I'm using evo 1.2.4 and I'm trying to get evo to properly read in the ~/Mail
directory and all folders under it. I use kmail right now and use maildir
format.

When I setup evo to read maildir format and point it to the Mail directory it
reads everything but really places things in odd areas.

For example I get ALL mail read into the "Unread mail" folder but if I look

Hmm ,not sure why this would happen.  i presume the mail is marked read

under the folder that uses my email address I see all the folders but top
level folders that have subfolders in them begin with a .
and folders that don't have subfolders appear ok as do subfolders themselves.

The maildir code, for various reasons puts everything under the top
level directory under '.'.  So if you have:

Mail/cur
Mail/new
Mail/tmp
Mail/foo/cur
Mail/foo/tmp
Mail/foo/new

It will show up as:

 .
 ./foo

in the evolution folder tree.

This is just the way it works.

Is there anyway to fix this in the setup or is this a "bug"? I've dug through
the options and can't seem to find a way "out" of this problem.

Cant really tell if this is a bug or the way its supposed to work.