[Evolution] POP mail check intervals

Can someone who knows confirm my suspicions?  I recently had a week when
I was checking mail infrequently.  I have evolution set to check mail
every 15 minutes.  I process my mail through spamassassin which
lengthens the mail check process.  It seems like the mail was being
checked every 2 minutes.  After confirming my check time interval, I
guessed that the intervals run beginning of check to beginning of check
so if a check takes 13 minutes, the next one will begin 2 minutes
later.  If a check takes longer than 15 minutes, the next check will
begin as soon as the current one finishes.  If I am not right, is this
interval timer just broken?

--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur alexion com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC