Re: [Evolution] Return/read receipts

It doesn't seem that Evolution supports them.  If it does, how do I
enable them.  If it does not, why not?

AFAIK they are not supported, cause there is no standardized way.

Nope. They're not supported because the code hasn't been written. It is
absolutely 100% planned to be supported in some future release (not
1.4).

OK, Learn something new every day. Please let me advise an option,
additional to the normally used:

 [x] strike back

That would instantly mail-bomb the requester of that read receipt using
a network of all Evo users with this option enabled to DDoS him... ;-))

An option to disable/ignore those receipts would do also...

guenther,

That response seems to assume that email is only used for positive
recreational purposes or negative spam purposes.

Some of us use email for our work and for legally important matters.  In
those contexts it is important for both sender and receiver to confirm
receipt.

hey Arthur,

You did see that big-grinning smiley, did you?

I do think, it is good to implement that functionality. Although I don't
use it and will set it up to ignore them. That's of course just my
personal opinion.

I don't want to let others know, _when_ I read my mail. Even more, when
it is used by SPAMmers...

If it is useful for you, just use it. It should be entirely up to you,
that's one of the big advantages of OS software. I will never step in --
unless you fire it up to this list, of course. ;-)

Hope, that clears it up.

...guenther