[Evolution] Archive Solutions

I just installed Evolution on a new system, and have been importing my
mail from the previous system.  In doing so, I discovered I have over
10,000 messages in my Sent Folder, all within the past 8 months! The
compressed (gzip) file is 463 MB.

There are times when I need to access mail that I have sent fairly
quickly.  But there should be some way I can still remove old mail and
archive/compress it somewhere.  It would be nice if this could be as
automated as possible, but I'm not even sure how I would organize it -
if I do it by month or some other time period, the problem arises when I
may not remember the exact month an email I'm looking for, was sent.

I'm not even sure whether I can accomplish this anyhow. So, I'm
wondering what others do to archive old mail in Evolution that they need
to keep around. Anyone have any great systems that work really well for
them?

Thanks!

--
Ian Scott