Re: [Evolution] [Fwd: Another possible RFC 2046 vulnerability.]

On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 13:20, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

Besides, Evolution is a Unix client - I don't know of any virus that
Evolution will auto-execute and will allow to root your system and do
all sorts of nasty stuff.

Evolution will never run a script or binary attachment. Ever. And afaik,
we don't plan on making it so that messages can contain embedded scripts
that Evolution will auto-magically run like Outlook does, so that's not
an issue either. (We do plan to add scripting support to Evolution at
some point, but we do not plan to make it so that messages can invoke
commands).

That's all I wanted to hear.  Sorry for sounding "alarmist", and thanks
for the answer.

--
Richard Bellavance                   COGNICASE inc.
Analyste-programmeur principal       Hébergement, sécurité et réseaux