[Evolution] Evo beta: no new mail notification

Running Evolution 1.1.1 on Mandrake 8.2

Has anyone gotten the new mail notification feature to work on Mandrake
8.2? I've tried setting it to beep and to play a sound and nothing
happens either way. I don't want to submit a bug report until I'm sure
that I'm not missing something obvious.

Would anyone else like one of the new mail notification options to be a
dialog/pop-up-window saying how many messages, who they're from and what
the subject line is, kinda like Pegasus Mail does? (Actually, I'd like
it to play a sound AND pop up a dialog. A sound is useful if you're not
staring directly at your screen when the mail arrives. The dialog is
useful for letting you know whether its worth going to look at what the
new mail is. I used to find it useful when I wworked at a dept. where
Pegasus Mail was forced on us from on high - one of the few Pegasus
features I did like.)

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com           www.dzr-web.com