Re: [Evolution] evolution 1.2 beta

fre 2002-09-20 klockan 15.20 skrev Not Zed:
alphanumeric keys now jump to matches in the column you're currently
sorting on.

Which makes it pretty useless.. at least for me.

I sort on Date and if evey date is Yesterday ##:##
it doesnt mather how many times I press Y I could just press Down.

Yeah, the idea isn't that people are going to normally sort on a column where this is useful, it's that IF you want to quickly find a message with a given subject or from a particular user, you can sort by that column, type a few keys, and then sort back to your standard order.

This is how Outlook behaves, and in usability testing on 1.0, this is how every single ex-Outlook user that we tested tried to find messages when given a task like "find the message from bob" (where they were "supposed" to use the search bar). So we put it into 1.2 since we were only using three letter keys before, and one of them didn't make any sense except to Pine users anyway.

Yes, the current next/prev/toggle preview bindings totally suck, but that doesn't mean that the new behavior isn't useful or that they can't be fixed.

-- Dan