Re: [Evolution] evolution-dev / weekends and holidays

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 09:40, Mårten Woxberg wrote:
mån 2002-09-16 klockan 01.00 skrev Not Zed:
On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 22:07, Mårten Woxberg wrote:
sön 2002-09-15 klockan 20.23 skrev Christian Borup:
On søn, 2002-09-15 at 17:28, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 14:39, florian wrote:
hi!

im wondering if there is a way to import national holidays
to evolution in an easy way..

if you can find a iCalendar file with the holidays, then you should be
able to import that file into evolution's calendar folder.

KDE's KOrganizer highlights holidays and weekends with red in the
listings. It also automaticaly uses the correct holidays..
These are two features that I miss in my calender..

How can it guess the correct holidays?  They vary from country to
country and even province/state to province/state ...

I have no clue, but since it's opensource I guess you could check..
It's probably contributors who has provided them or something...

I tried the link from Apple and it works fine except that in Sweden
we have a Holiday on the 24th of December called "Julafton" which was
not present in the "american proudced" file which had 25th as a holiday
(which it is in Sweden too)

Odds are that this info is in a vcal file somewhere that you can import
into the Evolution calendar also.

Jeff

The ability to send a whole month/week/day for checking with another
user if he's available at the same time I am is also missed but
I guess thats because I dont run on an exchange server...

Is there a way to do this? or do I need the Exchange server?
I wrote a program for setting up meetings in Lisp last year but
that was not the iCal/vCal fileformat...

There are a whole bunch of holiday files at Apples iCal library:
    http://www.apple.com/ical/library/holidays.html
<snip>
./borup

Mårten Woxberg <marwo264 student liu se>
University of Linköping